One of fall 2015's box office hits was The Intern, starring Oscar winners Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro. The film, which told the story of a 70-year-old widower Ben, who takes an internship at an upstart e-commerce fashion company only to befriend and somewhat mentor his much younger boss Jules, had a budget of about $35 million and grossed about $185 million worldwide thanks to mostly positive reviews and good word of mouth.
While The Intern is unquestionably carried by its strong cast, the film did have its share of one-liners and catchphrases, which helped make it even more enjoyable for audiences. What's more, its script was interwoven with a lot of wisdom and lessons to live by, which the elder Ben helped the younger Jules see throughout the film.
How about a few catchphrases The Intern to add to your own repertoire? Try these:
- "Mark Zuckerberg never brought in a CEO - and he was a teenager!" - Jules
- "Look and learn, boys, because this is what cool is." - Jules
- "I'm 24. I know I look older. It's the job. It ages you." - Becky
- "I still have music in me - absolutely positive about that!" - Ben
- "You're never wrong to do the right thing." - Ben
- "The key is to keep moving." - Ben
- "I just know there's a hole in my life and I need to fill it - soon." - Ben
- "Back in action! Thank God!" - Ben
While The Intern might not have some of the greatest catchphrases of all time (compared, for instance, to Arnold Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back!" from Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Jack Nicholson's iconic "Here's Johnny!" from The Shining, or Humphrey Bogart's "Here's looking at you, kid," from Casablanca), it has a good share of memorable one-liners - certainly enough to make the film a good one to re-watch whenever you're in the mood for a fun pick me up.
And on a final note....
This post has been brought to you by Elite Outdoor Movies and their incredible outdoor inflatable movie screens - a much better way to watch your favorites, including The Intern. Inflatable movie screens are a fun way to put a new twist on an old favorite. Contact us for more information today.