There’s perhaps no food more synonymous with movie watching than popcorn – and the reasons for this are plentiful. After all, not only is popcorn delicious and able to be served in various different ways, but you don’t make a ton of noise while consuming it, so there’s no crunching or chewing that interferes with your ability to watch and hear the film. However, while popcorn is by far the most popular snack associated with movie watching, it’s hardly the only one that you can dig into. On that note, there’s also the likes of pizza, candy, hot dogs, and nachos. Aside from the aforementioned, there’s also a slew of delicious snacks that you can serve at your next movie party that perhaps you’d never think of. Here’s a look:
Alternative Snacks for Your Next Movie Party
- Almonds: A healthy alternative to traditional movie snacks, almonds are also delicious.
- Trail mix bar: If you want to get really creative with your next movie party, consider arranging a trail mix bar where guests can create their own concoctions. In separate serving bowls, set out the likes of peanuts, almonds, raisins, and more for guests to select from.
- Apple slices with caramel: Fruit is a much healthier alternative to traditional movie snacks, yet you can elect to spice things up by serving it with a special caramel dip.
- Pita bread and hummus: Another healthy alternative to movie snacks, this is a salty snack, but with a variety of benefits such as essential fatty acids.
- String cheese: This simple snack is perhaps more synonymous with grade school lunches than it is with movie watching, yet it makes for a fun, delicious treat when it comes to a movie party.
- Carrot sticks and ranch: Carrot sticks have a bit of a “crunch factor” to them, so you’ll need to make sure that the volume is turned up high on the film you’re showing, but they’re healthy and delicious when paired with ranch to dip in.
- Flatbread: It’s kind of like pizza, but with a bit of a twist. In addition to cheeses, you can outfit this treat with the likes of spinach, tomatoes, peppers, and sauce to really make it more appetizing.
- Chips and guacamole: Another snack where you’ll have to be mindful of the “crunch factor,” yet a fun alternative to traditional movie foods.
- Crackers and cheese: You should be able to find a great cheese spread at your local grocery store. Mix and match this spread, or individual cheese slices, with some crackers, and you’ve got another great alternative movie snack to serve to guests.
Now that you’ve got some alternative, yet delicious, snacks to serve to your guests at your next movie party, why not now focus on different ways to watch the movie itself? One way is to host an outdoor party and show the film on an inflatable movie screen. It’s a fun, innovative way to put a cool spin on an already enjoyable occasion.