It’s February, which means that Valentine’s Day is coming up. And whether you love or loathe the holiday, Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to get out of the house with your significant other to have some fun. When it comes to making plans, it’s easy to fall prey to a routine. What if you want to make this a Valentine’s Day to talk about for years to come? How do you do that? Well, you’re in luck, as we’ve put together a list of 5 ways you can make this Valentine’s Day one worth remembering.
5 Things to Make Valentine’s Day Unforgettable
- Do something you’ve never done before: Relationships have a tendency to plateau after a while. This Valentine’s Day, give it a shot of fun and adventure by doing something that you’ve never done before as a couple. Go on a hot air balloon ride, whisk your significant other away for the weekend to a city that you’ve never visited before, go skiing or snowboarding—do something that is fun, new and adventurous.
- Volunteer: An unforgettable Valentine’s Day doesn’t necessarily have to be one that’s extravagant or costly—it can also be one that’s filled with community service. So if you’re stumped on what to do, consider giving back to the community by volunteering at a nursing home or getting together with those who might have recently lost a spouse. Doing this can be highly rewarding in its own right.
- Plan a scavenger hunt: While this may take some work, it’s bound to put a big smile on your loved one’s face. Hide clues around the house (or around town if you’re feeling ambitious) that all lead to a big hidden prize. Get creative with this and make sure that the end prize is something really cool and notable as it pertains to your plans for the evening (i.e. concert tickets, dinner at the nicest restaurant in town, etc.).
- Pamper yourselves: Do Valentine’s Day in style. Arrange for a limo to take you to dinner, wear formal clothes, and hit the town afterwards for more festivities. Perhaps even reserve a fancy hotel room to further pamper yourselves.
- Watch a movie: You might not think there’s anything too unforgettable about simply watching a movie, but there is if you’re doing it on an inflatable screen. Unlike a regular TV or projector, inflatable screens can be blown up and placed anywhere that they’ll fit (i.e. your backyard, garage, basement, etc.). And with great picture quality, this unique viewing experience can also be one to remember for a long time. Just be sure that you pick out a great movie to watch that is fitting to Valentine’s Day.
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, now is the time to make plans to make it an unforgettable experience for both you and your spouse. Be sure to do something out of the norm, try something on the list above, and you’ll be sure to make memories for years to come.